Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

CHURCH SHADOWS

This is a shot of a small village church here in Mississippi. I love hunting for shadow shots and usually do them about four in the afternoon, because that seems to be when I find the most shadows. However I was out taking photos in the early morning last week and snapped this. I did not even notice the shadow when I was taking the photo, so it was a nice surprise when I did my editing. Now I will be out looking for early morning shadows! I am joining http://www.heyharriet.blogspot.com  for Shadow Shot Sunday.

9 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Very, very inspirational....and a great photo to use on the Sabbath. Well done.

My Shadow Shot Link

Hope your week ahead treats you well.

Kelly said...

I just love that subtle shadow of the cross on the church! It's beautiful!

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Awesome shadow...just perfect for Sunday too.

Blessings Kelsie

dianasfaria.com said...

Isn't it great catching a shadow when you least expect it?
I also like your sign about being pessimistic.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Somewhere in the back of my mind is a song I heard once that contains this line: "...in the shadow of the cross..."

TALKING SHADOWS?

Imagine a shadow could talk
In whisper or rumble or squawk;
Just what would it say
To make you go, “Hey!
You’re just a chip off the old block!”?


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Shadows abound here and here

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shadowy photo!

My shadows, hope you can visit and see. Have a great week ahead!

Hey Harriet said...

Love your early morning shadows! I find the sun is lovely early in the morning. Have a great week :)

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Nice shadow shot.

Regards!

The JR said...

Good choice for SSS.